Thursday, October 8, 2009

sam

So we're having a mid-day snooze (a rare treat these busy days, and even more exceptional when it's "we" and not just "I"...anyhoo...) and as I'm barely waking outta my snooze, Sam (also barely waking outta his snooze) says, "Are you awake?"
I'm not sure of my exact answer, I think it was something to the extent of, "Kinda. Why?"
And then he kisses me.
"That's why," he says. Then he closes his eyes to catch another minute or two of sleep before the alarm officially wakes us up.

Tiny little acts like these, burst with so much love.

I can't, and won't, claim to have the perfect relationship. But I do have a wonderful one, and the best that I could've asked for...that is, I would've asked for it if I had known better. --But I didn't. And I didn't initially look on the beginnings of this relationship with the most endearing of thoughts. And marriage definitely wasn't on the list as being an option or even a possibility. But I'm glad there's Someone who knows me better than I'd like to think I know myself.

So, for all those girls out there who have their "standards" and "preferences" and "types" and all those high and mighty ideals of who you will or will not [whatever] with. LOSE them. Or you may just lose out on something greater than you could've ever dreamed up in your own limited scope of "you".

And, for Sam: I love you. Happy Birthday, my love! You know I love you more than I could ever say or show. So, I won't waste time trying. I love you.

(I would've posted a picture of Sam, but since I have no photos on this computer...nor is there photoshop...a cupcake will suffice. It is a birthday post after all.)

1 comment: